10. The Dakota is available with the choice of two engines (3.7-liter V6 or 4.7-liter V8), three transmissions, two body styles (extended cab or crew cab), two drive types (2WD or 4WD) and four trim levels. The 3.7-liter V6 produces 210 horsepower, while the E85-compatible 4.7L V8 makes 302 horsepower. Front airbags and rear-wheel anti-lock brakes are standard, while side-curtain airbags and four-wheel anti-lock brakes are optional. Available sound system features include satellite radio, Alpine speaker system and the MyGIG? infotainment system with navigation. A remote start system and Uconnect wireless connectivity are available.The Dakota was given an all-new look inside and out in 2008, and remains unchanged for 2009. The model line-up was simplified by eliminating SXT, SLT and Sport trims.
9. Available in two- or four-wheel drive, the Canyon offers three body styles: regular cab, extended cab and crew cab. Two engines are available: a 185-hp 2.9-liter 4-cylinder and a 242-hp 3.7-liter inline 5-cylinder engine. New for 2009, a 300-hp 5.3-liter V8 is available on extended and crew cab models. There is a choice between five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmissions on 4-cylinder trucks, while all 5-cylinder and V8 engines are bolted to a four-speed auto. Dual stage front airbags are standard, while head protecting curtain airbags are optional. Other safety features include four-wheel anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights and ignition disable. A pair of suspension choices is available: the rugged standard Z85 suspension and the Z71 off-road suspension, available in 2WD and 4WD.For 2009, a bedliner, 16-inch wheels, OnStar and stability control with traction control are now standard equipment on all models. The SL trim has been dropped, and new 3VL Value Package equipment groups for 2WD extended and crew cabs feature power windows, power door locks with remote keyless entry and power mirrors.
8. Available in two- or four-wheel drive, the Colorado offers three body styles: regular cab, extended cab and crew cab. The base engine is a 185-hp 2.9-liter 4-cylinder engine, while a 242-hp 3.7-liter 5-cylinder engine is available (standard on crew cab LT) on all models. New for 2009, a 300-hp 5.3-liter V8 is available on extended and crew cab models. Transmission choices are a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic. Dual stage front airbags are standard, while head protecting curtain airbags are optional. Other safety features include four-wheel anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights and ignition disable.For 2009, a bedliner, 16-inch wheels and stability control with traction control are now standard equipment on all models. The LS trim has been dropped, and color-keyed appearance is now standard on the LT trim. New 1VL equipment groups for 2WD extended and crew cabs feature power windows, power door locks with remote keyless entry and power mirrors.
7. The new Equator is available as an Extended Cab or Crew Cab in Base, Premium, Sport, and RMZ-4 trims. A 152-hp 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine and five-speed manual transmission is the powerteam on the Base Extended Cab. All other trims include a 261-hp 4.0-liter V6 engine and five-speed automatic transmission. The Extended Cab and long wheelbase Crew Cabs include a six-foot box; the short wheelbase Crew Cabs include a five-foot box. Available with either rear-wheel or four-wheel drive the new Equator is equipped with front, side, and curtain overhead airbags, ventilated anti-lock disc brakes, and a tire pressure monitoring system. Crew Cab models include a spray-on bedliner with an adjustable track tie down system.The Suzuki Equator is brand new for 2009.
6. The Nissan Frontier is available as a King Cab or a Crew Cab model in either a 4x2 or a 4x4 drive system. The Frontier offers four distinct trims: the base XE, the well equipped SE, the luxurious LE and the PRO-4X off-road model. The available engines include a 152 horsepower 2.5-liter four-cylinder or a 261 horsepower 4.0-liter V6. The four-cylinder engine can be mated to either a five-speed manual or a five-speed automatic transmission and the V6 engine can be paired with either a six-speed manual or a five-speed automatic transmission. Safety features include standard four-wheel anti-lock disc brakes, front passenger airbags with optional seat-mounted side-impact airbags and side-curtain airbags.For 2009, the NISMO trim is now referred to as the PRO-4X trim.
5. Toyota Tacoma is available in Regular Cab, Access Cab (extended cab) and Double Cab (crew cab) body styles, in either two or four wheel drive. Regular and Access Cabs come with six-foot beds; Double Cabs have the choice of a shorter five-foot bed or a standard-size six-footer. The base engine is a 2.7-liter, 159-hp inline-four mated to a five-speed manual transmission; a four-speed automatic is optional. A 236-hp 4.0-liter V6 is standard on all Double Cabs and optional on 4WD Access Cabs. The V6 is paired with a six-speed manual or five-speed automatic. Standard safety features include four-wheel anti-lock brakes with electronic brake-force distribution and brake assist, vehicle stability control, traction control, side-impact/side curtain airbags, and active headrests.For 2009, the Toyota Tacoma adds traction control, stability control, side impact and curtain airbags, LED taillamps, auxiliary audio input, and mp3 player as standard equipment.
2. The B2300 comes in a regular-cab with a 6-ft bed. It is rear-wheel drive and has a three person front bench seat. Its front suspension consists of double-wishbones with coil springs and a stabilizer bar which all rides on 15-inch wheels. Power is delivered using a 143-hp 2.3-liter four-cylinder that is mated to a five-speed manual transmission or optional five-speed automatic. Safety features include dual front airbags, anti-lock brakes and a tire pressure monitor system.For 2009, a trailer hitch is now standard equipment.
1. Available as a 4x2 Regular cab or 4x2 and 4x4 Supercab the Ranger is offered in four trims: XL, XLT, Sport and FX4 Off-Road. A 2.3-liter four-cylinder engine generates 143 horsepower and a 4.0-liter V6 engine produces 207 horsepower. Available transmissions include a standard five-speed manual or an optional five-speed automatic. The supercab is available as a two-door, or as a four-door with jump seats. A trailer hitch and safety features such as four-wheel anti-lock brakes and dual-stage front airbags are standard equipment.For 2009, the Ford Ranger is a carryover from 2008.
Do the math before you buy! Save time and money with our easy-to-use car loan calculators.
Introducing our New iPhone App.View the App