- You are here:
- Pictures >
- Five Electric Cars Available Now
Five Electric Cars Available Now
Posted Feb, 05 2010
Charge time: 3.5 hours; Range: 220 miles
Top speed: 125 mph
The Tesla Roadster, which recently entered production, is probably the best known electric car in America. The company's president has called it "the only production electric car for sale in the United States."
More On the Tesla at CNNMoney.com
Charge time: 6-8 hours; Range: 30-50 miles
Top speed: 25 mph
Its maker, ZENN Motor Company Inc., claims its energy efficiency is equivalent to a gasoline-powered car getting 245 miles per gallon.
More On the ZENN electric car at CNNMoney.com
Charge time: 6 hours Range: 25 miles
Top speed: 40 mph
Technically speaking, the Xebra isn't a car. That's because it has only one front wheel, which makes it an electric motorcycle even though it can amazingly seat up to four. And you can get it with leather seats and a CD player.
More On the Zap Xebra at CNNMoney.com
Here's an overview to help you determine which green car is right for your needs and budget....
The best hybrid options in every category from subcompact cars to large luxury sedans....
Want great fuel economy but wary of cars with new technology? Check this list of fuel-sipping stalwarts....
Most Popular Auto News
- Report: Ford, Ram in heavy-duty towing spat
- First Drive: 2016 Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge Prototype [w/video]
- Video: Watch a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport hit 246 mph during road rally
- Official: Polaris Slingshot hits the road on all three wheels [w/videos]
- Confirmed: 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA priced from $31,300*
- Exclusive: GM thinks Colorado and Canyon midsize trucks will lure crossover buyers
From Our Partners
Research A New Car
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover