2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca
2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca Recalls
NHTSA Campaign ID #
Subaru is recalling certain model year 2010 and 2011 Legacy and Outback vehicles, certain model year 2006 through 2012 Tribeca vehicles sold before January 2012, and certain model year 2009 through 2012 Forester vehicles sold before January 2012. Up to 78,650 of these vehicles may have been equipped with accessory puddle lights that, when illuminated, brighten the area under the doors of the vehicle. A short circuit can develop when either the puddle light or connector are exposed to an electrolytic moisture source (such as road spray that has road salt in it) and it penetrates the circuit board of the puddle light or the pins of the puddle light connector(s).
Over time, migration of the moisture into the circuit board and/or into the connector cavity, may result in a short circuit of the puddle light system. This may generate heat which may melt the plastic resulting in smoke or fire.
Subaru will notify owners, and dealers will install an additional fused-harness, free of charge. The recall began February 19, 2013. Owners may contact Subaru at 1-800-782-2783 for more information.
Subaru of America, Inc.
*The data and content on this web site is subject to change without notice. Neither AOL nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
- Auto industry insider previews tell-all book, What Did Jesus Drive?
- Obama administration eyeing new NHTSA boss after safety lapses
- 1 In 5 Vehicles Has Been Recalled This Year
- Chrysler Recalls Over 566,000 Trucks, SUVs
- 2015 Ford Mustang already under recall, but just 53 units
- 2015 Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon airbag problem causes recall
- GM Issues Two More Recalls For SUVs, Mini Cars
FIND A GREAT USED CAR
Great Auto Loan Rates
Low Rates on New and Used AutosPowered By Apply In One Easy Step »