2012 RAM 3500 Recalls
NHTSA Campaign ID #
Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2010-2014 Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, and 5500 trucks manufactured March 27, 2009, to September 5, 2013. In the affected vehicles, the electrical connectors of the diesel fuel heater may overheat.
If the connectors overheat, the fuel heater may leak fuel, increasing the risk of a fire.
Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the harness side connector with a silver plated beryllium copper terminal service kit, and inspect the fuel heater for leaks, replacing it as necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin during December 2014. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is P65.
ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE:DIESEL
Chrysler Group LLC
- Auto industry insider previews tell-all book, What Did Jesus Drive?
- Obama administration eyeing new NHTSA boss after safety lapses
- 1 In 5 Vehicles Has Been Recalled This Year
- Chrysler Recalls Over 566,000 Trucks, SUVs
- 2015 Ford Mustang already under recall, but just 53 units
- 2015 Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon airbag problem causes recall
- GM Issues Two More Recalls For SUVs, Mini Cars
FIND A GREAT USED CAR
Great Auto Loan Rates
Low Rates on New and Used AutosPowered By Apply In One Easy Step »