2011 Porsche Boxster Recalls
NHTSA Campaign ID #
PORSCHE HAS NOTIFIED NHTSA OF A DEFECT IN CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011 BOXSTER SPYDER 2 DOOR CONVERTIBLE PASSENGER VEHICLES. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE LOCKING HOOK ON THE SUN SHIELD (TEMPORARY SOFT TOP) MAY NOT ENGAGE CORRECTLY INTO THE LOCK CATCH WHICH IS POSITIONED ON THE WINDSCREEN FRAME OF THE VEHICLE.
IF THE SUN SHIELD IS NOT FULLY LOCKED, THE SUN SHIELD CAN OPEN WHEN TRAVELLING AT HIGHER SPEEDS INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
DEALERS WILL HAVE BOTH THE LOCKING HOOK AND LOCK CATCH REPLACED WITH REDESIGNED COMPONENTS. THIS SERVICE WILL BE PERFORMED FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL BEGAN ON APRIL 30, 2010. OWNERS MAY CONTACT PORSCHE AT 1-800-545-8039.
VISIBILITY:SUN ROOF ASSEMBLY
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
*The data and content on this web site is subject to change without notice. Neither AOL nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
- How tiny recalls are becoming the new norm
- NHTSA to provide VIN search database for recalled vehicles
- Toyota recalls 209,000 FJ Cruisers over seatbelt issue
- Honda recalling 183k cars and crossovers over unintended braking issue
- Subaru issues recall over cars that may start themselves
- Toyota announces two recalls affecting 1M Corolla, Matrix and Lexus IS models
- GM recalls Chevy Express, GMC Savana over rollaway concern
FIND A GREAT USED CAR
Great Auto Loan Rates
Low Rates on New and Used AutosPowered By Apply In One Easy Step »