2005 Porsche 911 Recalls
NHTSA Campaign ID #
CERTAIN 2 DOOR COUPE AND CONVERTIBLE VEHICLES MAY HAVE BEEN SUPPLIED WITH A TAILPIPE THAT MAY HAVE BEEN PRODUCED WITH A WELD LOCATED BETWEEN THE FASTENING CLIP AND EXHAUST PIPE, WHICH IS INADEQUATELY DIMENSIONED. ALSO INCLUDED ARE CERTAIN ACCESSORY EXHAUST PIPES INSTALLED BY DEALERS.
IF THE WELD COMPLETELY FAILS, THE EXHAUST PIPE CAN DETACH FROM THE VEHICLE, WHICH COULD STARTLE THE DRIVER RESULTING IN A CRASH.
DEALERS WILL INSTALL A NEW TAILPIPE WITH A LONGER SEAM WELD FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON JANUARY 24, 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT PORSCHE AT 1-800-545-8039.
ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:EXHAUST SYSTEM
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
*The data and content on this web site is subject to change without notice. Neither AOL nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
More on the 911
Whether you're a buyer or owner of the 2005 Porsche 911 we've got you covered.
- How tiny recalls are becoming the new norm
- NHTSA to provide VIN search database for recalled vehicles
- Toyota recalls 209,000 FJ Cruisers over seatbelt issue
- Honda recalling 183k cars and crossovers over unintended braking issue
- Subaru issues recall over cars that may start themselves
- Toyota announces two recalls affecting 1M Corolla, Matrix and Lexus IS models
- GM recalls Chevy Express, GMC Savana over rollaway concern
Performance Vehicle Information
FIND A GREAT USED CAR
Great Auto Loan Rates
Low Rates on New and Used AutosPowered By Apply In One Easy Step »