2011 Nissan Rogue Recalls
NHTSA Campaign ID #
NISSAN IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011 ROGUE VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM AUGUST 17, 2010, THROUGH OCTOBER 30, 2010. THE CIRCUIT BOARD MAY NOT HAVE BEEN INSTALLED IN THE CORRECT POSITION ON CERTAIN ELECTRIC POWER STEERING (EPS) ASSIST CONTROL UNITS. THIS MAY CAUSE ADDITIONAL STRESS ON THE SOLDER OF THE TERMINAL TO THE CIRCUIT BOARD RESULTING IN THE SOLDER CRACKING AND SEPARATING COMPLETELY FROM THE CIRCUIT BOARD.
AS THE CIRCUIT BOARD FAILS, THE POWER STEERING ASSIST FEATURE WILL STOP FUNCTIONING, INCREASING THE FORCE NEEDED TO STEER THE VEHICLE AND INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
NISSAN WILL NOTIFY OWNERS, AND DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE EPS CONTROL UNIT IF NECESSARY, FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING DECEMBER 2011. OWNERS MAY CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261.
STEERING:ELECTRIC POWER ASSIST SYSTEM
Nissan North America, Inc.
*The data and content on this web site is subject to change without notice. Neither AOL nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
More on the Rogue
Whether you're a buyer or owner of the 2011 Nissan Rogue we've got you covered.
- How tiny recalls are becoming the new norm
- NHTSA to provide VIN search database for recalled vehicles
- Toyota recalls 209,000 FJ Cruisers over seatbelt issue
- Honda recalling 183k cars and crossovers over unintended braking issue
- Subaru issues recall over cars that may start themselves
- Toyota announces two recalls affecting 1M Corolla, Matrix and Lexus IS models
- GM recalls Chevy Express, GMC Savana over rollaway concern
FIND A GREAT USED CAR
Great Auto Loan Rates
Low Rates on New and Used AutosPowered By Apply In One Easy Step »