2013 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Recalls
NHTSA Campaign ID #
Mercedes-Benz (Mercedes) is recalling certain model year 2013 SL63, SL550, and SL65 vehicles manufactured January 16, 2013, through April 30, 2013. The affected vehicles are equipped with an occupant classification system (OCS) that may not detect a very light person sitting in the front passenger seat.
If the OCS does not detect a very light person sitting in the seat, the passenger side air bag would be turned off. In the event of a crash necessitating side air bag deployment, the passenger would be at an increased risk of injury.
Mercedes will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger side seat cushion including the OCS. The recall began on December 20, 2013. Owners may contact Mercedes at 1-201-573-0600.
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.
*The data and content on this web site is subject to change without notice. Neither AOL nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
More on the SL-Class
Whether you're a buyer or owner of the 2013 Mercedes SL-Class we've got you covered.
- Auto industry insider previews tell-all book, What Did Jesus Drive?
- Obama administration eyeing new NHTSA boss after safety lapses
- 1 In 5 Vehicles Has Been Recalled This Year
- Chrysler Recalls Over 566,000 Trucks, SUVs
- 2015 Ford Mustang already under recall, but just 53 units
- 2015 Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon airbag problem causes recall
- GM Issues Two More Recalls For SUVs, Mini Cars
FIND A GREAT USED CAR
Great Auto Loan Rates
Low Rates on New and Used AutosPowered By Apply In One Easy Step »