2006 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Recalls
NHTSA Campaign ID #
ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, UNDER HARD OPERATING CONDITIONS, THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT TEMPERATURE CAN INCREASE TO A LEVEL WHICH EXCEEDS THE DESIGN PARAMETERS FOR THE ALTERNATOR TO NOT FUNCTION AND IT WILL BECOME DAMAGED.
THIS WILL CREATE THE POTENTIAL FOR AN ENGINE COMPARTMENT FIRE.
DEALERS WILL IMPROVE THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT AND ALTERNATOR COOLING, INSTALL A MODIFIED CONTROL UNIT AND A NEW ALTERNATOR FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON JUNE 23, 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT MERCEDES BENZ AT 1-800-367-6372.
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.
*The data and content on this web site is subject to change without notice. Neither AOL nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
More on the SLR McLaren
Whether you're a buyer or owner of the 2006 Mercedes SLR McLaren we've got you covered.
- How tiny recalls are becoming the new norm
- NHTSA to provide VIN search database for recalled vehicles
- Toyota recalls 209,000 FJ Cruisers over seatbelt issue
- Honda recalling 183k cars and crossovers over unintended braking issue
- Subaru issues recall over cars that may start themselves
- Toyota announces two recalls affecting 1M Corolla, Matrix and Lexus IS models
- GM recalls Chevy Express, GMC Savana over rollaway concern
FIND A GREAT USED CAR
Great Auto Loan Rates
Low Rates on New and Used AutosPowered By Apply In One Easy Step »