2013 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class
2013 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Recalls
NHTSA Campaign ID #
Mercedes-Benz (Mercedes) is recalling certain model year 2013 SLK250 and SLK350 vehicles manufactured October 9, 2012, through November 20, 2012. These vehicles are equipped with an occupant classification system (OCS) that may not correctly differentiate between a child seat or a very light person being in the front passenger seat.
If the OCS incorrectly classifies a very light person as being a child seat, in the event of a crash necessitating airbag deployment, the system would deactivate the passenger airbag, increasing the risk of injury.
Mercedes will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger side seat cushion including the OCS. The recall began on July 26, 2013. Owners may contact Mercedes at 1-201-573-0600.
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.
*The data and content on this web site is subject to change without notice. Neither AOL nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
- How tiny recalls are becoming the new norm
- NHTSA to provide VIN search database for recalled vehicles
- Toyota recalls 209,000 FJ Cruisers over seatbelt issue
- Honda recalling 183k cars and crossovers over unintended braking issue
- Subaru issues recall over cars that may start themselves
- Toyota announces two recalls affecting 1M Corolla, Matrix and Lexus IS models
- GM recalls Chevy Express, GMC Savana over rollaway concern
FIND A GREAT USED CAR
Great Auto Loan Rates
Low Rates on New and Used AutosPowered By Apply In One Easy Step »