2012 Mercedes-Benz G-Class
2014 Mercedes-Benz G-Class Safety Overview & Features
ABS brakes automatically sense when a tire has stopped rotating under extreme braking, and will modulate the brake pressure to allow the tire to rotate. This increases the vehicles ability to turn while braking.
Stability control automatically senses when the vehicles handling limits have been exceeded and reduces engine power and/or applies select brakes to help prevent the driver from losing control of the vehicle.
Front-impact airbags for the driver and passenger have been designed to protect the head during a frontal crash.
Overhead airbags are used to protect the occupant's heads in the event of a side collision or rollover.
Seatbelt pretensioners automatically tighten seatbelts to place the occupant in the optimal seating position during a collision.
The vehicle is equipped with a means of anticipating and/or detecting unwanted vehicle intrusion. The vehicle is equipped with an ignition disable device that will prevent the engine from starting if the correct original manufacturer key is not used.
2014 Mercedes-Benz G-Class Safety
- Base G550 4dr AWD
- Airbags, frontal
- driver and front passenger
- Airbags, side curtain
- curtain 1st and 2nd row
- Occupancy sensor
- Traction control
- ABS and driveline
- In-Vehicle Assistance Service
- Stolen-vehicle tracking
- Height adjustable safety belts
- front and rear
- Seatbelt pre-tensioners
- front and rear
- high intensity low/high beam, Bi-Xenon
- Exterior light control
- Delay off headlamps
- Headlight washer
- Cornering lights
- Daytime running lights
- LED brakelights
- Door curb lights
- Illuminated entry
- Parking assist
- Remote keyless entry
- keyfob (all doors)
- Panic alarm
- Door locks
- power with 2 stage unlock
- Rear child safety door locks
- Content theft-deterrent alarm system
- Ignition disable
- First aid kit
- Theft deterrent radio
- Low tire pressure warning
More on the G-Class
Whether you're a buyer or owner of the 2014 Mercedes G-Class we've got you covered.
- Learn how Béla Barényi championed passenger safety with Mercedes-Benz
- GM knew about fatal Chevy ignition problem decade before recall
- Finnish spraying reindeer antlers with glow-in-the-dark paint to curb accidents [w/video]
- The most dangerous countries for drivers
- Car seat manufacturer Graco recalling 3.8-million toddler and booster seats
- Subaru updates EyeSight system with color-detecting cameras
- IIHS tests 11 minicars, finds them wanting in small-overlap crash test
FIND A GREAT USED CAR
Great Auto Loan Rates
Low Rates on New and Used AutosPowered By Apply In One Easy Step »