2007 Lexus LX 470 Recalls
NHTSA Campaign ID #
TOYOTA IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2003-2007 LEXUS LX470 VEHICLES. THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE STEERING SHAFT IS SUCH THAT THE SNAP RING ON THE SHAFT MAY DISENGAGE WHEN THE VEHICLE EXPERIENCES AN UNUSUALLY SEVERE IMPACT TO THE FRONT WHEELS. IF THE SNAP RING BECOMES DISENGAGED AND THE STEERING WHEEL IS THEN REPEATEDLY TURNED TO THE LOCKED POSITION, OVER TIME THE STEERING SHAFT MAY BECOME DISCONNECTED.
THIS COULD RESULT IN LOSS OF STEERING CONTROL INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE SNAP RING WITH A NEWLY DESIGNED ONE AND INSTALL AN ADDITIONAL COMPONENT WHICH WILL PREVENT SEPARATION OF THE STEERING SHAFT. THIS SERVICE WILL BE PERFORMED FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL BEGAN ON AUGUST 23, 2010. OWNERS MAY CONTACT LEXUS AT 1-800-255-3987.
STEERING:GEAR BOX:SHAFT PITMAN
Toyota Motor Corporation
*The data and content on this web site is subject to change without notice. Neither AOL nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
- How tiny recalls are becoming the new norm
- NHTSA to provide VIN search database for recalled vehicles
- Toyota recalls 209,000 FJ Cruisers over seatbelt issue
- Honda recalling 183k cars and crossovers over unintended braking issue
- Subaru issues recall over cars that may start themselves
- Toyota announces two recalls affecting 1M Corolla, Matrix and Lexus IS models
- GM recalls Chevy Express, GMC Savana over rollaway concern
FIND A GREAT USED CAR
Great Auto Loan Rates
Low Rates on New and Used AutosPowered By Apply In One Easy Step »