2002 Lexus LX 470 Safety Overview & Features
ABS brakes automatically sense when a tire has stopped rotating under extreme braking, and will modulate the brake pressure to allow the tire to rotate. This increases the vehicles ability to turn while braking.
Stability control automatically senses when the vehicles handling limits have been exceeded and reduces engine power and/or applies select brakes to help prevent the driver from losing control of the vehicle.
Front-impact airbags for the driver and passenger have been designed to protect the head during a frontal crash.
Seatbelt pretensioners automatically tighten seatbelts to place the occupant in the optimal seating position during a collision.
The vehicle is equipped with a means of anticipating and/or detecting unwanted vehicle intrusion. The vehicle is equipped with an ignition disable device that will prevent the engine from starting if the correct original manufacturer key is not used.
2002 Lexus LX 470 Safety
- Base 4dr AWD
- Airbags, frontal
- driver and front passenger
- Traction control
- ABS and driveline
- Height adjustable safety belts
- front and rear
- Seatbelt pre-tensioners
- Exterior light control
- fully automatic
- Daytime running lights
- Door curb lights
- Illuminated entry
- Remote keyless entry
- keyfob (all doors)
- Panic alarm
- Door locks
- power with 2 stage unlock
- Rear child safety door locks
- Content theft-deterrent alarm system
- Ignition disable
- First aid kit
- Theft deterrent radio
*The data and content on this web site is subject to change without notice. Neither AOL nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
- Self-slapping wipers could take the sting from snowy mornings
- Deborah Hersman, head of NTSB and vocal critic of auto safety efforts, stepping down
- Learn how Béla Barényi championed passenger safety with Mercedes-Benz
- GM knew about fatal Chevy ignition problem decade before recall
- Finnish spraying reindeer antlers with glow-in-the-dark paint to curb accidents [w/video]
- The most dangerous countries for drivers
- Car seat manufacturer Graco recalling 3.8-million toddler and booster seats
FIND A GREAT USED CAR
Great Auto Loan Rates
Low Rates on New and Used AutosPowered By Apply In One Easy Step »