2004 Land Rover Discovery
2004 Land Rover Discovery Recalls
NHTSA Campaign ID #
CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARDS NO. 105, "HYDRAULIC AND ELECTRIC BRAKE SYSTEMS," AND NO. 135, "PASSENGER CAR BRAKE SYSTEMS." THE ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM (ABS) MODULATOR VALVE COVER RETAINING BOLTS CAN CRACK DUE TO STRESSES TRANSMITTED BY THE FLEXING VALVE COVERS.
THIS CAN PRODUCE AN UNEXPECTED INCREASE IN STOPPING DISTANCE, WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR TOTAL LOSS OF SERVICE BRAKING FUNCTION, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.
DEALERS WILL STRENGTHEN THE ABS MODULATOR ASSEMBLY VALVE COVERS AND REPLACE THE RETAINING BOLTS. OWNER NOTIFICATION IS EXEPCTED TO BEGIN DURING MAY 2004. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT LAND ROVER AT 1-800-637-6837.
SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:ANTILOCK
*The data and content on this web site is subject to change without notice. Neither AOL nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
More on the Discovery
Whether you're a buyer or owner of the 2004 Landrover Discovery we've got you covered.
- Auto industry insider previews tell-all book, What Did Jesus Drive?
- Obama administration eyeing new NHTSA boss after safety lapses
- 1 In 5 Vehicles Has Been Recalled This Year
- Chrysler Recalls Over 566,000 Trucks, SUVs
- 2015 Ford Mustang already under recall, but just 53 units
- 2015 Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon airbag problem causes recall
- GM Issues Two More Recalls For SUVs, Mini Cars
FIND A GREAT USED CAR
Great Auto Loan Rates
Low Rates on New and Used AutosPowered By Apply In One Easy Step »