2012 Honda Fit Recalls
NHTSA Campaign ID #
Honda is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 Honda Fit Sport vehicles manufactured from May 23, 2011, through March 22, 2013, and model year 2012-2013 Honda Fit base vehicles manufactured from June 27, 2011, through April 19, 2013. In April 2013, Honda recalled 43,782 2012-2013 Honda Fit Sport vehicles. In July 2013, Honda informed the agency that it was adding model year 2012-2013 Honda Fit vehicles in base trim to the recall campaign, representing an additional 48,138 vehicles. The total number of vehicles being recalled is now 91,920. The electronic stability control system of the affected vehicles may allow excessive yaw rates at high steering angles with certain tires. Thus, these vehicles fail to conform to the requirements of Federal Vehicle Motor Safety Standard No. 126, "Electronic Stability Control Systems."
Excessive yaw rates prevent the proper function of the electronic stability control (ESC) system, increasing the risk of a crash.
Honda will notify owners and dealers will update the ESC software free of charge. The safety recall began on August 1, 2013. Owners may contact Honda automobile customer service at 1-800-999-1009. Honda's recall campaign number is S99.
ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL
Honda (American Honda Motor Co.)
*The data and content on this web site is subject to change without notice. Neither AOL nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
- How tiny recalls are becoming the new norm
- NHTSA to provide VIN search database for recalled vehicles
- Toyota recalls 209,000 FJ Cruisers over seatbelt issue
- Honda recalling 183k cars and crossovers over unintended braking issue
- Subaru issues recall over cars that may start themselves
- Toyota announces two recalls affecting 1M Corolla, Matrix and Lexus IS models
- GM recalls Chevy Express, GMC Savana over rollaway concern
FIND A GREAT USED CAR
Great Auto Loan Rates
Low Rates on New and Used AutosPowered By Apply In One Easy Step »