2008 Chevrolet Uplander Recalls
NHTSA Campaign ID #
THE BRAUN CORPORATION HAS NOTIFIED NHTSA ABOUT A DEFECT IN CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2005-2008 GENERAL MOTORS MOBILITY CONVERSION, HANDICAPPED ACCESSIBLE LOW FLOOR MINIVANS. DURING CONVERSION, THE DRIVER OR PASSENGER SIDE TRAILING ARM MODIFICATION MAY NOT HAVE BEEN ADEQUATELY WELDED.
A SQUEAKING OR CLUNKING NOISE MAY DEVELOP. THE TRAILING ARM BUSHINGS MAY PREMATURELY WEAR AND THE TRAILING ARM MAY FRACTURE OR SEPARATE, ALLOWING THE REAR AXLE TO BECOME PARTIALLY SEPARATED FROM THE CHASSIS INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
DEALERS WILL INSPECT AND WILL HAVE A SUPPLY OF RETROFIT PARTS AVAILABLE TO REMEDY THE VEHICLES FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL BEGAN ON JUNE 4, 2010. OWNERS MAY CONTACT BRAUN AT 1-800-488-0359.
General Motors LLC
*The data and content on this web site is subject to change without notice. Neither AOL nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
- Auto industry insider previews tell-all book, What Did Jesus Drive?
- Obama administration eyeing new NHTSA boss after safety lapses
- 1 In 5 Vehicles Has Been Recalled This Year
- Chrysler Recalls Over 566,000 Trucks, SUVs
- 2015 Ford Mustang already under recall, but just 53 units
- 2015 Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon airbag problem causes recall
- GM Issues Two More Recalls For SUVs, Mini Cars
FIND A GREAT USED CAR
Great Auto Loan Rates
Low Rates on New and Used AutosPowered By Apply In One Easy Step »