2013 BMW X5 Recalls
NHTSA Campaign ID #
BMW IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2012 X5 VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A DIESEL ENGINE AND 2013 X5 AND X6 VEHICLES. DUE TO A MACHINING ERROR OF THE STEERING GEAR SURFACE, POWER STEERING FLUID MAY LEAK.
LEAKING POWER STEERING FLUID CAN SPRAY ONTO HOT EXHAUST PARTS, INCREASING THE RISK OF AN ENGINE COMPARTMENT FIRE.
BMW WILL NOTIFY OWNERS, AND DEALERS WILL INSPECT, AND IF NECESSARY, REPLACE THE STEERING GEAR FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL BEGAN ON JULY 20, 2012. OWNERS MAY CONTACT BMW CUSTOMER RELATIONS AND SERVICES AT 1-800-525-7417.
BMW of North America, LLC
*The data and content on this web site is subject to change without notice. Neither AOL nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
- How tiny recalls are becoming the new norm
- NHTSA to provide VIN search database for recalled vehicles
- Toyota recalls 209,000 FJ Cruisers over seatbelt issue
- Honda recalling 183k cars and crossovers over unintended braking issue
- Subaru issues recall over cars that may start themselves
- Toyota announces two recalls affecting 1M Corolla, Matrix and Lexus IS models
- GM recalls Chevy Express, GMC Savana over rollaway concern
FIND A GREAT USED CAR
Great Auto Loan Rates
Low Rates on New and Used AutosPowered By Apply In One Easy Step »