2009 BMW M3 Recalls
NHTSA Campaign ID #
BMW IS RECALLING 2,500 MY 2008-2009 M3 PASSENGER VEHICLES WITH AN OPTIONAL DOUBLE CLUTCH TRANSMISSION. THE PROBLEM INVOLVES THE DOUBLE CLUTCH GEARBOX. IN A SITUATION OF RAPID VEHICLE DECELERATION, THE TRANSMISSION SOFTWARE MAY PERFORM A MULTISTAGE DOWNSHIFT.
IN THAT SITUATION, AT LOW VEHICLE SPEEDS, IT IS POSSIBLE FOR THE ENGINE TO STALL INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
DEALERS WILL REPROGRAM THE ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION ELECTRONIC CONTROL UNIT WITH UPDATED SOFTWARE FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON DECEMBER 3, 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT BMW AT 1-800-831-1117.
POWER TRAIN:CLUTCH ASSEMBLY
BMW of North America, LLC
*The data and content on this web site is subject to change without notice. Neither AOL nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
- How tiny recalls are becoming the new norm
- NHTSA to provide VIN search database for recalled vehicles
- Toyota recalls 209,000 FJ Cruisers over seatbelt issue
- Honda recalling 183k cars and crossovers over unintended braking issue
- Subaru issues recall over cars that may start themselves
- Toyota announces two recalls affecting 1M Corolla, Matrix and Lexus IS models
- GM recalls Chevy Express, GMC Savana over rollaway concern
FIND A GREAT USED CAR
Great Auto Loan Rates
Low Rates on New and Used AutosPowered By Apply In One Easy Step »